UPDATE #3

Hey guys,

Sorry i've been missing in action lately, I'd love to say I've just been very busy, but that's not really the case. One of my friends, Matt from University was here for a couple of weeks, which was really nice to have a familiar face - as well as having Sophie, from Holland who i've made really good friends with also.

My friend Luke asked if I wanted to go to Adult Prom with him and his housemate/friend which was pretty interesting/lame at the same time. Apart from the tacky music and dress, I'm not sure how much it was like an actual prom, but it was fun all the same.

On the fourth of July I hosted a party for the hostel, everyone was to bring their own plate of food from their country.

We had face paints, so a small group of us (pictured) did a few designs. There was so much food, it was unbelievable. Matt and I made lamingtons and rissoles (not to eat together obviously.) 

Then we went on the first friday artwork, which has a range of local artists showcasing their work. Later they have Electric Kingdom at the Green Room which a bunch of us went to also. 


Caught up with Karl in Las Vegas which was really lovely. My friend Jess (who i'm going to South America with) came as well, mainly to break up the drive/cost of renting the car. We left at 8am, arriving at 12 as we quickly stopped at the Hoover Dam, which is the largest reservoir in the United States by sheer volume. It generates power for Nevada, Arizona and California and has nearly a million people tour it each year. 


Once we got to Vegas, we had lunch and then went to Caesars Palace which to describe would be a over exaggerated fake Florence. Saw an act in Circus Circus, Went to a Mermaid Bar, which had a fish tank and every 30 minutes would have someone in a mermaid costume come down and swim around. 
Then went to the Stratosphere (tallest building in vegas) which has a ride that goes over the side (see below picture)  



I didn't take that many photos in Vegas, because get this - i'll be leaving Flagstaff in 8 DAYS to see Adair! We have around 10 people perhaps coming to Vegas also, which will be amazing. 



This is two of the new workers, Ryan and Marianna and then I at Payback, which is every second saturday of the month. You dress up, get in for free and they play old hits. 

As much as I love Flagstaff, I'm very, very ready to leave. 

xxx Missing you all, 
Sarah. 







0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Click

W.M

“To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other and to feel. That is the purpose of life"

Meet The Author

I'm Sarah, a 24 year old communications graduate from Melbourne, Australia. I like dogs, netflix and avocado dip. I'm currently documenting my unplanned travels with the help of my iPhone, Canon Powershoot and friends.