HAPPY HOLIDAYS


Hey Everyone,  
I'm currently in Kamiah, Idaho - where the population sits under 3000. I think it might be the smallest town I've ever stayed in. There isn't much to do, but the people are friendly and I'm enjoying the cold change. It's around -10 degrees everyday and at night it gets down to -18 degrees (celsius.)

I spent Christmas with Jessica and her family, who I'd previously met in Flagstaff, Arizona. I did try to speak with my family on Christmas Day, however the reception was terrible - just like going through a tunnel or trying to Skype.
My Dad was in New Zealand but failed to tell me, so classic.. However coming from someone who never replies to emails and sends postcards 2 countries later I'm not one to talk.

Our plans for New Years was to perhaps drive up to Canada and spend it there, however Jess' car was having issues so we stayed in Kamiah.
I shouldn't say 'surprisingly' but I will; surprisingly it was really fun spending New Years in a small town. We caught up with some of Jess' friends from high school and went to both of the bars in Kamiah (there are only two - it's a real riot.)  I cheated at cards and still lost however I did win at pool so with the free wine at midnight, it wasn't all a loss.

We drove to some natural hot springs the other day and ate cheese and crackers with some red wine, it was bliss. Managed to spot a wild American Bald Tail Eagle which was pretty cool.

I'll be doing a photo post this week sometime from the hot springs, I hope everyone in South Australia and Victoria are staying safe with the current bush fires.

xxx Sarah 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Click

W.M

“To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other and to feel. That is the purpose of life"

Meet The Author

I'm Sarah, a 24 year old communications graduate from Melbourne, Australia. I like dogs, netflix and avocado dip. I'm currently documenting my unplanned travels with the help of my iPhone, Canon Powershoot and friends.