UPDATE #2

Hey ya'll - So I'm now in Seattle, Washington (keep up) but i'll fill you in on the Portland part.

Lan Su Chinese Garden
Chinese New Year was on the 31st  so I went to check out Lan Su Chinese Garden with Kat and Steph, two of the girls from the Hostel.

One of the biggest things about Portland I'd say is the food carts - and probably because they're so good. Especially the waffles.
Also, everyone raves on about Voodoo Donuts but when I went, the line was too long so I got the second best, Blue Star Donuts.

Ground Kontrol arcade was pretty amazing - the bathrooms had pacman lined out through them and majority of the games were .25¢
I mean,  I still managed to spend $5.

   
Washed Out performing
I went to see Washed Out, an american chill-wave music group with a couple of people from the Hostel and that was pretty cool - especially as they were practically sold out everywhere else.

I'm not sure if I'm that big a fan of Portland, but the people i've met have been mega cool. A couple of Australians (we're a travelling plague i'm tellin' you) and then some cool dudes from around the States.

I'm currently travelling with two guys, one from Sydney and one from Melbourne. They fly back in a couple of days but I've met some people in Seattle also.

I have more photos, but I didn't really take many in Portland worth showing (also internet is kinda slow). I'll do a post about Seattle soon.

Hope you're all well.

x Sarah


















0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Click

W.M

“To see the world, things dangerous to come to, to see behind walls, draw closer, to find each other and to feel. That is the purpose of life"

Meet The Author

I'm Sarah, a 24 year old communications graduate from Melbourne, Australia. I like dogs, netflix and avocado dip. I'm currently documenting my unplanned travels with the help of my iPhone, Canon Powershoot and friends.